Saturday, February 16, 2008

still kicking

Mum went home yesterday and so of course last night was the night I started feeling ill for the first time since the gallbladder made its exit. I took two Vicodin (as opposed to the one I had been taking), and wow. NEVER again. I don't think I could ever be an addict, the way it made me feel was not happy and blissful. I felt woozy and off center, and just not a way I want to feel again. Blech. Of course J was also up and down all night, he and I ended up falling asleep on the couch for most of the night. Lucky we have a nice comfy couch.

Mercy was named Student of the Week in her preschool class!!! She had such a great time this week, from pasting the numbers 1 through 10 on a paper (she did 1-5 on her own!) and doing Valentines activities, and their Valentines party on Thursday... she's just thriving there, it's great to see.

Porter's language is insane, he picks up words so quickly! He's also a little speed demon, he's too fast for us sometimes, and he's learning that means he can do things and then run away from us, of course laughing hysterically as he's booking it in the other direction.

J is my sweet baby of snuggles still. He's growing though, I can't make him slow down! He's chunkier than either P or M was at his age, I love his little rolls. The Chiropractor is helping with his Torticollis, but I wish it would just go away right now. But at least now he tolerates tummy time so much more than before. Mum brought him the Boppy Tummy Play mat and mini Boppy, and he seems to like it more than the normal sized Boppy. I swear we are a walking advertisement for Boppy, I LOVE their stuff. We have the play mat, the bouncer, and a Boppy (my third one).

Anyways, our "winter storm" has finally blown through, so getting outside sounds good to me.

And then a trip to Target sounds in order.

No comments: