Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gallbladder-less!

Sorry I've been a bit MIA, but I have good reason... I lost my gallbladder! Yep, I had surgery yesterday to have my gallbladder removed. And I really actually feel so much better already. It was a laproscopic surgery, so I don't have any massive incisions (heck, I've been through two c-sections, incisions are nothing to me), but I have some pain, so they gave me some Vicodin. I can see how people get addicted to it, it really does make you feel so good.

Anyways, my mum is down for the week to help me with the kids while I recover, and to celebrate losing the gallbladder, she treated me to...



A hair chopping!! Yep, I chopped my hair off. I didn't get any pre-chop pictures, though there's kind of a shot of it in my Year of Fish blog (go look and comment on your favorite photos if you go check them out!), day 35. Anyways, it was a shocker to see the ponytail get snipped off and handed to me, but it was freeing too. Look at this mass of hair LOL!


After the Great Hair Chop of '08 (teehee), we walked the mall and got something to eat, then got Mercy a new pair of pink Chuck Taylor All Stars, size (wait for it.... wait for it...) eleven. Yes, my girl has giant feet. We looked for some shoes for Porter too, but he decided he'd rather scream and throw a fit than try on a pair of Vans, so no shoes for him. I *almost* got a cute pair of Sketcher ballet style, but... I refrained. Why? I have NO clue. Dang it.

I'm loving having mum here, it's been so nice. Plus she took J duty last night, woo!!! I wish she was here longer, but I'll take what I can get.

Porter's on a rampage tonight, so I'm off like a wet shirt.

4 comments:

Karin Hopkins said...

Wow...super long hair! Crazy! I'm sure you feel so free!

Holmes Family said...

Cute hair! Hey I finally went into your profile and found this blog. I've only linked into your year of fish.
I hope you are doing well. It's great your mom can be with you! Take care, Jess

Laura said...

oh my! love the hair cut dang!!!!!!! recover well girl... glad my dinner was okay for you

Anonymous said...

Very cute hair! Hope you continue to feel lots better without your gall bladder! It worked wonders for my step-dad.