Thursday, October 16, 2008

Seriously?

Let me start this by saying I'm still ticked about this, despite talking to CJ, mum, and various friends. So excuse the sarcasm with a hint of venom.

We got a letter in the mail from Sierra Vista Regional, where J gets his PT sessions. Hm, okay... open it, and it's a bill telling us we owe $40 for a September visit. Huh? We pay our copay after every visit, on our way out the door. And yeah, it's $40 a pop. Every appointment. Ouch.

Anyways, I can't find my paper where I have the list of J's appointment dates, so I call the PT office and lovely Melody gives me a list of when he was seen. I look up on our banking website to see when we paid, looks caught up. I call and the billing department can be considered less than helpful in my books. Half an hour of being on the phone and on hold, they can't give me the specific date that I supposedly missed paying, yet insist that I missed a payment. Color me angry, I get snarky and say "forget it, it sounds like the PT department has it more together than the billing, so I'm just going to deal with them from now on, thanks." and hang up. Seriously, they expected me to just say "oh, I missed it somewhere, but you're not sure where? Okay, let me pull $40 out of the air and send it off, thank youuuu!" {there's that snarkasm coming out, sorry.} So I call back to the PT office and stutter off what's going on {stutter because by this time I'm completely flustered and my words are choosing to not come out properly} and Melody, yet again, rocks the vote. She says this happens sometimes, don't stress, I'll go through your appointments and compare them to the receipt records we have. So she's going to get back to me about this tomorrow, and I'm finally chilling out a bit. Thank heavens for sane people sometimes.

This might not be such a huge deal to some, but we've been having medical billing problems all over the place this year, and I'm just done with it. Really, I'm sick of having to sit on the phone and repeat myself over and over about billing and coding and incorrect blah blah blah, and just feeling like it's falling on deaf ears. I'm frustrated because we've shelled out a good amount of money so far this year for therapies and such, and while I love the therapists we've been blessed to have for J, the money part just sucks. SUCKS. And I know there are people who have much heavier payments and get treated worse, but that doesn't make it easier for me, know what I mean? Especially seeing as I'm Canadian. I know the medical system up there isn't perfect, but from the crap I've encountered this year, I'd rather be up there right now. Sigh.

Okay, going to snuggle my expensive but so completely worth it baby boy. {but he better have d@mn straight teeth, because he's used up his braces money.}

7 comments:

MaryBeth said...

That sucks Laurie. The hospital is big fat poo. They sent us a bill for a couple hundred dollars over a year after Lily died and I thought I was going to spit. Big fat middle fingers to them!

Mary Lynn Evans said...

I wouldn't feel bad for being pissed! I have some things to deal with for my OB bills right now also. I think that they seriously do this cause too many people will just pay it and they don't check their bills. So good for you for keeping them on their toes!

Shy said...

So sorry you have had such a time. Marybeth is right that sucks. Have had my own fights with this. BTW I tagged you on my blog. hehehe Sorry I know your busy but it is fun to learn new things about ya.

Shy said...

Love the new background! How do you do this?? I'm lost. Have tried but never could get it to work. :)

Amber said...

I agree. I think that people will just pay it if they say that someone has missed a payment. It's great that you are keeping up and don't give in!

trublubyu said...

medical billing is always a nightmare. and forget trying to figure out insurance codes and all the jargon.

good luck!

and my wounds from the byu loss is healing. i must say, blue scabs are pretty cool...

John and Jessica Tilton said...

UGHHH! Medical billing nightmares!! We are still dealing with stuff from over a year ago. Good luck