Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So We're Back...

.... and my first post from being back from SoCal should be all about how great SeaWorld was, how crowded Disneyland was, how awesome it was to see so much family that we haven't seen in forEVER, and how pooped out we all are....

but it's not.


This is about how very much I HATE ARIZONA CREEPIES.

Hate.


haaaaaaaaatehatehatehatehate.


And I'm not even talking about the really creepy ones, like Tarantulas or Rattlers. Nope. I'm not even going to go there, because I already have a headache from thinking about what I saw tonight, no lie. My head actually hurts from how creeped out I am still.

I went to change the laundry, since I'm only now finally starting to wash clothes from being home, and out of the corner of my eye, I see a big lump of something by the washer. Hmm... it's about 10 PM, so it's that time, the time when ickies come out. I stay nice and clear, and turn to look, and it's some kind of spider that looks like it's on steroids or something. I get goosebumps, my voice goes up about 5 octaves, and I start "ewwwww"-ing like the wimpy girl I am. I run inside and do the first thing any normal wimpy girl does. I tell my mummy, since she happens to be visiting.

Me-"Mummmm!!! ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. Mum, there's something totally creepy in the garage!!!"
Her-"well KILL IT!!! And did you bring the clothes in? What if it goes in the basket with them!!"
Me thinking: crap! I have to go back out there??
Me-"noooo.... but mum, it's just THERE. And it's funny looking."
Her-"well KILL IT!! Oh no, what if it's a tarantula?! GET THE CLOTHES!"
good to know she's concerned about my safety.
Me-"fine... but I'm taking my camera and getting a photo of it."

So I go out there and use the zoom on my little camera, but it's blurry. So I grab the clothes basket, give it a good shake (in case anything was hanging onto the bottom, you never know) and drop it inside the door (it's CJs day off tomorrow, he can put them away because I assure you, I am absolutely *not* touching them) . I grab the trusty Rebel and get brave enough to get closer. Still not good enough, so I stick my arms out as close as I dare and hold the camera and take the photos, hoping it's close enough. It is, woo! Quickly run back inside and look at the photos.

Me-"Oh my gosh. THOSE ARE BABIES ON ITS BACK. ewwwwwwwwwwwww... ewewewewew!!!"
Her-"well KILL IT!!!"
Me-"I can't... I'm having some kind of twisted mother-sympathy for her. She's in the garage, not the house... and she eats cockroaches, which creep me out more. Plus she's carrying all her babies, training them to eat the nasties I hate. I... can't do it."
Her- just stares at me, shakes her head, and goes back to watching the movie.

Yep, I did not kill her, which I am sure is a wolf spider (from looking it up online, which has aggravated my headache by the creepiness of other things I have seen on these sites). She's a fellow mommy (granted, of many more kids than me), just trying to teach her babies their way of life. In a sick, twisted way, I understood a spider. Gross.


If she comes in the house though, it's on like Donkey Kong. My empathy goes out the window.

**if you want to see the photos on here, too bad. I am not okay with getting creeped out everytime I come to my own blog. but they are posted on Facebook for the next few days, before I get too creeped out by them even being on there.**

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that pic and it was so gross. :(

MaryBeth said...

That was one nasty little mo fo. Seriously, can you imagine the mess if you had killed it? Blech!

Oh, and when are you coming back to Zumba?

The Samples Sampler said...

Where was your husband during all this? If I see even a tiny ant, I make Ryan kill it. That's the whole reason I got married!

sues2u2 said...

lol, I just did a similar post only I included some photos but I didn't have a wolf spider. Have you seen the sun spiders? (or are they the same thing?) Everyone I've talked to about the sun spiders just says two things: a) they jump 6 ft & b) the bite hurts REALLY bad.

I'da run too, only the laundry would have been left on it's own!

kate bentley said...

oh lord. i would have FUH-reaked out.