Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Single parenting

Really, I don't know how my mum did it. Although I'm pretty sure it cost her a good part of her sanity... that may explain why she deals with my crackheads so well. Heheheheh...
Anyways, CJ's going to Utah tomorrow for his sisters graduation from BYU. {CONGRATS AUNTIE CAMEL!!!!!} I wish we could all go, but I don't want M to miss too much school, plus it throws the kids out of whack and gives me a hard time of getting them back on a schedule, and there's the cost too. To pay for all of us to fly, or else to pay in sanity in driving it. So he's going alone, and I get to play single parent for 3 days. Not bad compared to when he was in the academy, but still. I keep joking that he owes me so big, but the truth is I'm slightly serious. Man, I'd love a break sometimes... not just a trip to Target on my own, but a few days of not having to worry about one kid laying the smackdown on another, or someone getting into something they shouldn't be in, or if it's time for J's neck exercises or to get M from school, so on and so forth.... but I signed up for this, so I'll suck it up, get some snuggle time from J, and endure. Any TimTams floating around would be welcome here though.... where's an Aussie when you need her... {I love my Angie, I do.}
J now has a collar that we have to put on him at least four times a day, for as long as he'll tolerate it for up to an hour at a time. He's such a trooper, he's up to a half hour with it on!! He doesn't complain about it much either. I can't believe he's going to be six months old on the 25th... what the crack! He's supposed to stay my baby forever!! He's almost too long for the basinette {okay, honestly, he IS too long for it but I play denial a lot}, so in May he's finally going to get the crib from P, and P is going into a *gasp* big boy bed. Waaaahhhh... HE'S getting too big too! I think J and P will room together and we'll leave M in her room alone, mostly because they both like to sleep in the dark, and if M had her way the sun would constantly shine in her room. J's also pretty much sleeping through the night now {knockonwood} so hopefully it'll go well.
M has decided that she must have a fishie. We were at the store yesterday, just wandering around, and we stopped to see the fish. She was talking to them all, asking them how they were, it was so sweet. She asked for a fish and I told her that maybe for her birthday she would get some fish, and ever since then she keeps talking about her "birthday fishies". Ha!! We had to get some stuff for CJ at the store, and on the way M said "daddy, we go see the fishies?" he said sure, so she said "we go get the birthday fishies? I get fishies for Mercy's birthday?" I about choked on the cuteness. Then she proceeded to tell us about the fish and about how she was getting them for her birthday over and over, so I asked her how many fish, and she said "I get two fishies. One birthday fishy, two birthday fishies. Two!" Bwahahaha! And apparently she does not want purple fish like CJ suggested, she wants the orange ones. I don't think she realizes that her birthday is another 4 months away... I may succumb earlier than that, and CJ may come home to a fish in the kitchen. We'll see...

TO TIM: thank you for being a woooooonderful imitation woman and voting for J. He says peace out, homie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,

I get so tired of the blame that society places on single parents.

mandy said...

I try!!! I am glad that I can touch that heart of yours!!:) Miss you!!! Good luck by yourself. The last time(or actually the 2 to last time) I was at home by myself was when Jackson bailed off my bed and broke his arm. Good times all round!!

Jesse Edwards said...

oh! Good luck on your own! Hope you get a break soon!

Jen said...

you can do it...believe me, i know it's tiring to be the only parent at home (i've done a lot of it, once for a year straight - when camden was a newborn) but you get into a routine and then when cj gets home he has to take you out on a hot date! at least that's my rule...

Holmes Family said...

How could we get our husband's to pay us back for their "absense" while at the academy?! I never thought about that before. Good one!
I hope those couple of days fly by. I don't like to play the single parent role either. Have fun!