Saturday, September 25, 2010

March Madness



Yes, the rumors are true. March madness will hit here around St. Patrick's Day 2011. That is the time that our final four will be announced. We're having another baby-- okay, really just me. CJ just gets to pretend like he's suffering with me. Not really that fair, if you think about it... anyways.
We've known since after the reunion in July, but I'm one of those paranoid people that doesn't like to tell anyone {well... *almost* anyone...} until I've either heard or seen the heartbeat. Unfortunately, while my doctor rocks and is the best doctor EVER, she doesn't usually see patients until they're in the second trimester, so we didn't have an appointment with her until last week. Mercy was in school but we took the boys. We hadn't told the kids yet, so right before Dr. Lotke came in CJ told them. Porter said "okay" {he's not one of many words} but Jameson said "no. no baby." Um... too late, little man. Luckily once the doctor went over the usual stuff, she busted out the ultrasound machine for us so we all got to see the baby. Well... what we thought was a baby. According to mister J, it is NOT a baby, but in fact a lizard. He's quite positive of that. Porter was fascinated by the baby, who was very wiggly and squirmy so the only photo the doctor got for us was of the top of the head. But a photo is a photo is a photo in my mind! When we picked up Mercy and got her home, we showed her the photo and told her about the baby. She's very excited, which is great! Last time she was still so little that she didn't really get/care about what was going on, but now I get to use this to my advantage. Example: she was playing with my hair {heaven...} and was stopping, but I told her that the baby gets mad when she stops, so she kept going. Evil? No... creative? Yes. Her teacher is also pregnant and due about a month after me, so she's already been hearing about baby talk.

To answer some possible questions:

No, we will not be naming the baby Patrick, Patricia, or Pat. And since I tend to always go past my expected due date, I'm not banking on having the baby by then anyways.

Yes, I'll be going for another VBA2C. I'm seriously almost as excited about this as I am having a new, snuggly being in the house, since my last delivery was absolutely what I wanted! And yep, my doctor is a-ok with me having another one, in her words "if you pushed out an almost 9 lb baby, why wouldn't you be able to do it again?" Again... love. her.

Yes, this is our last baby. Unless we win the lotto, and then maybe we'll reconsider. But even then... no, we wouldn't.

Yes, I've been sick. Not pukey sick, but lots of nauseousness. And you should all be proud of me, I've had to give up drinking Coke because apparently baby and my tummy don't agree with it. Sigh.

Yes, I'm having cravings. Apparently this baby is much more tied into my Canadian roots than my other three, because I've been constantly craving things only found in Canada, like All Dressed chips {thank heavens for saints like Dawn, who mailed me a package of them!! LOVE HER!!}, ketchup chips, dill pickle chips, Wunderbars, Crispy Crunch, poutine {don't ask, it's something you have to try before you get the definition}, Swiss Chalet... oh, to go home for just a week. I swear I could blow a boatload of cash just sending home goodies to stock up on. Luckily I have friends in high places as well as a mother who happens to be going to Canada in a few weeks, so I'm being stocked up.

Yes, I hid it from most of you very well. Please forgive me/us!! I really did want to tell those of you that we were face to face with, especially on our vacation this summer, but I'm a paranoid person by nature. I promise to share my Canadian goodies with you if you forgive me.

No, I'm not getting enough sleep. So if anyone wants to come and stay here for a few days so I can go off by myself and just sleep, that would rock. {end of October, here I come! CJ and I are going to San Diego by ourselves for his cousin's wedding, and mum is staying with the kiddos here. Can't wait!!}

Yes, we'll be finding out the gender this time. I know we didn't find out with Jameson and it was a really cool experience, but with this being our last, I just want to know.

Yes, Jameson has come around to the idea of a baby. He told me today that he was going to be nice and share his toys with the baby, so hopefully he's a man of his word and actually does. We'll see though... he's a trickster.

No, we're not really hoping for a specific gender. It would be nice to have another girl and even it all out, but I also think it would be neat to have another little boy and Mercy to be the princess of the family. So either way, it's a win/win situation in my eyes.

That's really all the questions I can think of... we should be having our gender ultrasound either at the end of October or the beginning of November, so we'll know soon. I can't believe it's that fast!

5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!!!

Kari said...

Congratulations!

kate bentley said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! ♥

Anonymous said...

Congrats Laurie...so excited for you. 4 is fun. I think 4 is an easier transition than 3. Do you have my email? if you do, would you email me. I have questions about CAH. Thanks chica.

Renee and Jake said...

Congrats!!!! I am done at 4 too and made sure of it....