Thursday, May 22, 2008

Scan, scan and scan again

86.
What's that number?
The number of photos I have scanned of my family photos. SO FAR.
Thank you Canon for making a wonderful scanner that doesn't conk out on me after 20. Heheheh!
What else... ooh! The kids made it into the paper, third page! M is making a whacky face, P has his head down, and you can see J peering out of his stroller trying to see what's going on. P's best buddy Isaac is the only one actually looking at the camera. Niiiiice. The kids had so much fun at Public Works Day though, even if the talking moving fire hydrant has scarred P for life. I'll scrapbook those pics and then you can see them. :o)


CJ was gone all of last week, up in the mountains, so I played single mum again. Was okay, until the last night, when J decided that sleep was only going to happen if he was being held. So he and I slept on the couch for the most part of the night. Unfortunately it hasn't gotten much better. I think it's *gulp* teething. His mouth is filled with hard bumps and his cheeks are red and he's a huge cuddlebug, doesn't want to be away from me for most of the time. And the cheek thing has aggravated his excema spot on his left cheek, someone asked me if he got burnt, it looks that bad!! I've been slathering Eucerin on it and Aquaphor, but I had to break out the prescription hydrocortisone because it's just so bad. Ugh. It's still not looking much better either!! Plus this teething pain has made him backtrack with his neck again, Charlene said his rotation is great (yay!) and his head shape is almost perfect (woo!) but he's still holding his neck at an angle, and his muscles are weak from that. She spent most of the PT session massaging his muscles and getting squawked at by J, he was NOT happy. So we have a new list of things to do and try with him, as well as having his TOT collar on him as much as possible. Which, combined with teething, makes him a grumpypants. I gave him some Tylenol for the pain tonight, hopefully he'll sleep better. knockonwood.
M had her last day of school last friday. Sniff. She already misses Ms Dana and asks for her. We dropped some roses and cards off for Ms Dana and Ms Rosy on Tuesday, and they were taking the rooms down. M got really quiet and shy, wouldn't look anyone in the eye, and wouldn't smile. Broke my heart, she was so sad. We're hopefully getting together with the rest of the class in June, she'll be happy about that. Her MLP (My Little Pony) obsession is alive and well, she seems to be wanting to get one of every color. I found one that had wings, but it was white and she already had white, so she didn't want it. Hello?! It has wings. WINGS!!! But all my whining and begging did nothing, she didn't want it. Mope.
P is going through a whiney stage. Half the time he's his usual cheerful hilarious self, but then the whines hit, and oh good law, take cover. "Noooooooooooooooo. Want jooooooooooce!!" "COOOOOOOOOOKIIIIIIIIIIIES!!!!" Blah. But then he snaps out of it again and will have the funniest conversations with you. He's totally gullible and reverse psychology works awesome. Here's todays debate with CJ:
P- "it's a fiew twuck!"
CJ- "no, it's an ambulance" {it really was a fire truck}
P- "nooo. it's not ambulance. it's a FIEW TWUCK."
CJ- "no. ambulance."
P- "no. fiew TWUCK!!" *giggles*
CJ- "no, it's a fire truck."
P- "no, it's an ambulance!"
So funny!
He adores Thomas now, completely and utterly. Anything and everything that has a face like Thomas is dubbed Thomas. He has a Thomas bus, a Thomas helicopter, a purple Thomas train and a blue Thomas train. Don't ask me their proper names, it's all Thomas to me.
Okay, I'm so tired from the last few nights, I'm actually going to crawl into bed. Maybe I can catch the end of Hannah Montana-- I mean, Law and Order. yeah...........
**Oh, Shila and Staci: the cards we gave Ms Dana and Ms Rosy? Handmade by ME!!! All paper scrapping!! Aren't you impressed? I have pics, I have to download them.

5 comments:

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Wow, they spelled Humpherys right in the newspaper. They still mess up with that up here. (usually when Gerald is in the paper for bball)

Amber said...

that sounds like a lot of fun, and wow what do you know your kids are all famous. Great Job. Miss you guys

Kate said...

Awwwm your babies are famous! Love the newspaper clipping!

Staci Taylor said...

Paper scrapping?!? Wow, i'm impressed :-) Soo cool that your kiddos are in the paper, and I love that reverse psychology story. That's one to scrap (whichever way you'd like, of course ;-)!

Anonymous said...

What adorable children! Especially that Isaac...